An Additional note found in P. Lorrimor's journal


An additional note is tucked inside Petros Lorrimor’s journal.  It is dated from four weeks ago.

Dear Friends,

If you are reading this, then I thank you for taking the time to humor an old man’s final wishes.  Perhaps this is foolishness, or the paranoia that comes with age – no matter.  Take for this what you will.

Besides the Eight of you, I invited four people who have struck me, throughout my travels and studies, as those who are particularly inimicable to Good People and perhaps to Golarion itself.

Adivion Adrissant is, I fear, associated somehow with the Whispering Way, a Society that seeks eternal life through Darkest Necromancy, and perhaps even the return of Tar-Baphon himself.  He is knowledgeable and powerful; do not trust his words even in the slightest.

Areelu Vorlesh was a student of mine, briefly, back when I taught in Magnimar, Long before my daughter was born.  She had a darkness then, which I fear has only grown deeper with time; I have heard rumors of pacts with the Abyss, and Trafficing with Demons.

Of Azlaznist I know little; she began correspondence with me three years Prior.  She seemed… off, somehow, as if she had studied magic in a slightly but significantly different fashion from the typical Wizard or Witch.  We met, once, and she struck me as someone who seethes with rage, ill-concealed, bubbling just below her surface.  The raw magical power I sense in her was… frightening, coupled with such wrath.

Finally, Aravashniel is an elven mage and Riftwarden based in Kenabres, near the World Wound.  A recent conversation raised suspicions within me that he had been twisted or turned, the way the World Wound does.  Perhaps I am mistaken about him – I certainly pray that I am! – but I feel he still bears scrutiny.

The gifts I left each of these individuals serve many purposes, but for you one main one.  Inside the chest where you found this letter are four vials, each one containing a small sliver of wood, taken from the box I left each one’s inheritance.

Perhaps, as I say, this is the nervous nattering of an aged scholar, but then again, perhaps at some point these will be useful to you.

Please keep my daughter from your plans – she is a good soul, and I would not have her tainted or corrupted by their evil ways.

My thanks and Good fortune, my friends.



                                                                                           --P Lorrimor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Important Items found in Citadel Drezen

Citadel Drezen part two, the caverns beneath Drezen

A scrap of a note