A brief Interlude featuring: Kendra Lorrimor

I remember when I first learned what 'imaginary' really meant, and thinking that perhaps it was one of those cases like saying 'going to the bathroom' when you meant peeing, not taking a bath.  My friends weren't imaginary - they knew things, and they told me things, and sometimes I even saw them.  I still had to pour their tea and eat their cookies at our tea parties, but they did give me good advice.  "Don't step there Kendra - that plank is weak," they would tell me, or warn me about some of my father's workers and let me know who I could and could not trust.

Doesn't everyone have imaginary friends who keep them out of trouble?   What's the point in having imaginary friends otherwise?  It took me a while to figure out that I was different, somehow, and that my imaginary friends were actual spirits; external and categorically different than me.  As I grew older, and my friends began to outgrow their childhoods, I more and more felt different.  I was never isolated or lonely, because I am still surrounded by my spirit friends (even though not all of them are exactly friendly), but it's been difficult to make connections with people, difficult to find a place in the world.

It's difficult to study and concentrate, sometimes - father says.... oh.  I mean, father SAID.  I am still adjusting to this.  Father SAID I would never make a good wizard because I was too distracted - but Pharasma watches over us all, and I hope that with my aid I can help some of my friends find their way to her grace, to find some rest and peace.

===============================================

Here for reference is Kendra's character sheet.



Kendra Lorrimor – Human Oracle of Pharasma – Level 3 / Tier 1 – NG 

ST: 8                            DX: 14                          HP: 26
CN: 12                         IN: 16
WS: 10                         CH: 21

AC: 20 (Touch: 14   FlatFooted: 18)    Init: +2            BAB: +2          
Saves (F/R/W): +3/+4/+6   Speed 20’    CMD: 13       CMB: +1

Skills:  Heal +6    Knowledge (Nature) +9    Knowledge (Religion) +9
Knowledge (planes) +9    Knowledge (History) +9     Survival +6     Linguistics +8     Perception +3            Speaks: Aklo, Common (Taldane), Ancient Orsiriani, Azlanti, Draconic, Celestial, Varisian, Elven

Feats:
·         Extra Channel +2 Channel Energy / day
·         Selective Channel: up to 5 people not affected by Channel Energy
·         Oracle: Life Mystery (Channel Energy and Safe Curing revelations)
·         Safe Curing: can cast cure spells without provoking
·         Possessed Curse (-2 to Concentration checks, concentrating to maintain spell duration provokes, roll twice and take best vs possession or domination)
·         Iron Will: +2 to Will saves
·         Hard to Kill: Can go to double-CN negative and automatically stabilizes
·         Mythic Extra Channel: +2 Channels per day, can burn 2 Mythic Points for a channel
·         Faith’s Reach: Can cast Touch spells with a range of 30’
·         Inspired Spell: standard action, spend 1 MP, cast ANY spell of a good level, at +2 level
·         5 Mythic Points per day

Gear:
+1 Breastplate, +1 Light X-bow, Light mace. Decent set of clothes, nice boots, cloak of resistance +1
Backpack/Bedroll (Holy book of Pharasma, Holy Symbol, Flint and steel, mess kit, 50’ rope, soap, 10 torches, 5 days rations, waterskin), 3 flasks holy water, 2 CLW potions, CLW wand (32 charges), CLW wand (50 charges),  +1 Ring of Protection, moderately fancy outfit.
Scrolls: Obscuring Mist, Sanctuary, Remove Fear x2, Cause Fear, Command            
88 gold in misc coinage

Spells DC 15 + LVL       Per day: /6
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Read Magic
1: Bless, CLW, Comprehend Languages, Detect Undead, PFE

Channel Energy:
Standard action, doesn’t provoke, 10/day, Will DC 16 for half in 30’, 2d6 heal, or 2d6 dam (to undead)

Combat:   Light Mace: +1 d6-1 20 x2    +1 Light X-Bow: +5 d8+1 19-20 x2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Important Items found in Citadel Drezen

Citadel Drezen part two, the caverns beneath Drezen

A scrap of a note